Sunday, October 12, 2008

About the Bliss Assignment

I read over the assignment and found out that I don't have to come to class tomorrow (in essence). I'm ecstatic! I still haven't actually done my bliss assignment...though I've done hundreds of things that make me happy all weekend...It's odd, how happiness and sadness can be so entwined.


What happened to your eyes,
The purple frills keep turning.

Their light seems to fade.
Will they ever stop their turning...

Soon they will know darkness,
In their still such peaceful turning...

Except my gentle Iris fields,
In my mind, forever, turning.

I use to have a painting in my room...it was of a lady sitting in a field of Iris flowers. It was actually a picture I had torn out of my school art book in 5th grade. I framed it in the most ornate border I could find. I loved that picture. Years ago, I would stair at it and wonder why she sat there, what she was thinking about... I don't wonder anymore. I've been in that field more times than I can count...and I will be there again and again. It's not that the flowers are comforting and peaceful, or that the distance is just great enough to be "away"...it's more than that...and still, it's just that that keeps me coming back.

No comments: