Sunday, September 7, 2008

Egg & Zachly

So, I went in circles for two weeks trying to make a billion things from this egg. In the end, I only developed an extreme hatred for chicken eggs. It wasn't until I went to an Art Show at Harrison Center for the Arts on Friday (yeah, I was cutting it close) that I started considering a comic strip. The name for the comic came from a previous idea that flopped. (trying to see how many different words had "egg" in them - it was sad.) I drew sketches Sunday morning (during church...forgive me.) and then re-drew them with a graphic pen when I got home. I also bought a scanner/printer/fax combo - I'd wanted one for forever! Then I scanned the images and cleaned em up in Photoshop. I'm happy with it, ya know? I've never made a comic before, so I learned a little. And, in the end, I did something that I actually enjoyed!

3 comments:

spyroterra said...

OMG! This is great!!!! And you got a new toy out of it that you will use a lot, I think!

Stephanie said...

Aww, thanks so much! I ended up loving the assignment, and it helped me get use to my natural mindset when it comes to open-ended projects. You'd think "creative majors" would jump at this sorta stuff. I have to admit, I was dissapointed when less than 1/3 of the class shared their projects. It wasn't so much "seeing" their project (cuz I can skim through the links if I want) but I like hearing different opinions and experiences...if they're shy, isn't this class supposed to help? and if they're disinterested, isn't this class supposed to help? lol, oh well, there's always tomorrow. ^_^

j.nick said...

I felt the same way about the presentations but thank YOU for putting in your two cents. Hopefully everyone (or mostly everyone) will come around eventually.