Tuesday, September 30, 2008

This is hard to start - SOUND

Okay, I'm a busy person...by choice. But, I like to spend time on my projects, and it just wasn't working last night. My mind was jumbled, and I didn't even know which sense to pick. I fell asleep before I knew what to do. So...I'm going to listen to some music and just write what I feel for the next few hours.

Sense #1 - Sound/Hearing

Song: Kal Ho Naa Ho (Hindi)

I'm almost instantly relaxed. I remember scenes from the Bollywood film that the song is from. Vividly. Red, black, and white. Shahrukh Khan keeps popping up in wide shots and extreme close ups. The drum beat is relaxing. I feel positive and yet sad because I remember the outcome of the movie. It's strange, but I remember exactly how I felt during the movie. It made me cry the first time I watched it.

Song: Main Vari Vari (Hindi)

I never saw the movie that goes along with this song...so, I find my mind trying to give it images. I don't know what the lady who sings it looks like, and yet I give her a face. I fill in the image with clothes and scenery...instruments being played. The overall color scheme seems to be a smoky yellow with red and orange hues. The song in a way helps me create. I can fill in anything for the first few times I watch it...

Game: Final Fantasy VIII (RPG/Gameing music)

My friend Richard came over and decided to replay my FF7 video game. It has an awesome soundtrack. For how old the game is, I'm surprised that I still get engrossed in listening to it. I'm trying to just listen, but it like begs me to look at it. Maybe it's a result of me being a gamer addict in the first place, but the music gets me excited. It makes me want to fight or just run and tackle someone for the fun of it. I'm also trying to listen to what he "sounds like" when he talks. It's weird, because my mind can't just focus on his sound, it has to make sense of his words also, I wonder if that's why I had to make pictures in my head whenever I just listen to music.

Okay, that's enough of sound. I've been racking my brain for a while trying to come up with some way to prove that I care about this "sound sense" buuut nothing is coming to me. Lately, I've been really trying to take advantage of when I AM inspired and learning to cope with it when I'm not.

No comments: